9.03.2010

Oh the places you'll go, Part II

Jeffrey's birthday was this Tuesday, and for his big birthday present we visited his home-town in Hudson, Wisconsin.

We roadtripped to get there. I discovered that there is really not too much to look at on that roadtrip. And it takes a really long time. But it was worth it, and I think roadtrips are great.

Tips on how to keep yourself occupied if you ever find yourself traveling through Wyoming, Nebraska, or Iowa (or any of the Mid-central States for that matter):

  • Sing any song that comes up on your iPod. At the top of your lungs. And car dance. (I knew Jeffrey really loved me when he said, "K, I wanna listen to some Beyonce now." Oh my heart soared!!!)
  • I spy doesn't work for grown-ups...but you can try.
  • Nap!!-as long as you aren't the driver
  • Try navigating- it can be fun to measure out distances or finding weird places of interests in states.
  • Find a 100 ounce thermal mug. It produces hours of energy, entertainment (lots of, "Wow, this really is huge, everytime you pick it up), and more pit stops.

  • Try tiny, mess-less crafts like crotcheting. Or knitting, if you prefer.
  • Write cards to people. Everyone loves good mail (especially me), and it will make you a happier traveller!
Of course, you may just get lucky every now and then and find interesting things to look at.
Here were some of my favorites.

{welcome to Wyoming. I've been sure what this is all about}

{I love all the windmills!!}
{I too, was once radioactive}


{this sight is my favorite}



3 comments:

  1. ummmm one pit stop you should have made was in minnesota, to an old dear friend of yours, helllllo right next door to wisconsin!!!
    road trips= fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your post made me laugh! I particularly liked the "you are nowhere" sign...just in case you forgot you were desperatly fighting boredom. Just a friendly reminder to rub it in. Sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this :) Road trips are the best!! I think that I have been to that place that says: "You are Nowhere." HAHA :)

    ReplyDelete