9.28.2010

TTMMWT Week, Cinnamon Rolls!

I'm a sucker for cinnamon rolls. I see them, I want them, I've got to have them. It's something to do with the delicious and delicate balance of sweetness, softness, and spice, oh and the frosting, that combined make munching on cinnamon rolls such a delight.

I rarely, if ever, can resist them.

I'll share a recipe below for some super fast, super simple, super yummo rolls, but if you're not in a baking mood here some of my favorite spots to pick 'em up:

Flour Girls and Dough Boys, in American Fork
Shirley's Bakery, in Provo
Sugar n' Spice, BYU Provo Campus

Sugar n' Spice is particularly dangerous since I could potentially visit the spot everyday, but I do try to exercise some restraint....most days.

For those of you who are not in Utah County...please tell me where I can get good cinnamon rolls elsewhere. When I finally get out of this place, I don't want to be without a good roll. And if cinnamon rolls are in short supply, I'll never complain if there's a tasty raspberry or orange sweet roll around to have instead, so please, share away!

And now, a recipe for super fast, super simple, super yummo RASPBERRY rolls!

No-Rise Dough
adpated from Our Best Bites

For the dough:
3/4 cup cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup sugar
4 Tbs butter, melted
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups flour, more for rolling
1 Tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

For the Raspberry Filling:
1/3 cup raspberry jam
1 Tbs water
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sugar

For the Frosting:
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbs butter, melted
2 tsp raspberry jam
milk, to change consistency as needed










Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese, buttermilk, sugar, melted butter, and vanilla. Process until smooth and creamy.

Measure and sift dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda, into a large mixing bowl. Pour processed mixture from blender into a well made in the flour. Mix and squish with hands until dough comes together. The dough will be very soft and squishy. Carefully knead until smoooth, using as little flour as possible.

Roll dough into rectangle. Spread with raspberry filling, roll tightly, and cut into sections. Arrange sections in a glass baking dish, and bake for 20-25 minutes. Tops will be golden brown but be sure to check that the centers are done.

Let rolls cool for a few minutes before frosting them.

Enjoy!









1 comment: