9.29.2010

TTMMWT Week, Nail Polish

Love love love.
Love me some nail polish.

I don't know how long this infatuation has been going on, but I can remember back to second grade in elementary school how I loved to go over to my friend's house and trade nail polish and paint every one of my nails a different color because I loved them all so much I couldn't choose just one.


My sister and I have always had a boxful of nail polish that we shared, we used to test out the colors on the lid of the box. :)

My bare necessities of personal care items that I packed into my tiny tiny dorm room freshman year included a toothbrush, a hair brush, some styling products, and a whole bunch of nail polish (oh ok and maybe some deordorant). Since that time my collection has grown extensively, but no matter what, whenever I see a collection of good looking nail polish, I have to stop and look. And usually, I can't resist picking one up and giving it a good home. After all, I do love it so.

{the perfect pastels}
I love pastel colors for spring, or wheneve I desire a more dainty looking nail.

{nice and neon}
Neons were so wonderful for summer, I love them on toes at most any time of year, and they really punch up the look of your finger nails.

{not all that glitters is gold}
I really love all the glittering trends going on right now. With glitter polish I usually put on a base coat of a non-glittery color, then layer it up thick (2 coats of glitter) and you get just one solid, beautiful shine of glitter.

{the colors of Fall}
Nothing beats rich, lusciously saturated colors for Fall. I usually like the same type of full-pigment color for winter as well.

Color I'm loving right now:
{Cover Girl Boundless Color, in Bronze Beauty}
Surprisingly it's my first Cover Girl nail polish purchase, but it was a pleasant surprise that despite its being a drugstore brand, it didn't bubble up or chip away easily. I wore it for a week and a half and it still looked great. Plus the bronze glitter makes it a perfect transition shade from summer to fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment