9.06.2010

Oh the places you'll go...Final Installment

Once we got to Wisconsin, I knew exactly where I wanted to be for the first day of our vacation:

(when you look at this picture, please hear the choir of angels that is singing)

This place is the best! Well, it really would be the absolute best if it had an Anthropologie, but since it has almost everything else, it's still a superb place. I blew all my birthday money in the mere span of 4 hours....and then I was swinging deals left and right to bargain for more.

Confession: I love all kinds of shopping. Clothes shopping=fantastic. Shoe shopping=love. Christmas shopping=adore. Craft shopping=joy. Grocery shopping=delightful...iff (and that's not a typo, it's totally a nerdy reference that I couldn't resist using) the grocery store is a delightful place. Most around here are not, so I just like it. But places like Kowalski's, or Heinen's or Reiters, those places are delightful.

As is the cheese pictured here. It's called "Delice de Bourgogne". Try it. Please. It's rich and creamy and kind of like brie, only it has a much stronger flavor and it's more spreadable. It's like gourmet cream cheese, and if you pair it with a rustic loaf of rosemary olive oil bread, you just might hear angels singing again. Yum.

The main event of our trip wasn't really the MOA or grocery shopping, it was the Minnesota State Fair, which I've been hearing about ever since I met Jeffrey. That equates to a lot of hearsay about said fair, and luckily, it lived up to all its fame.



{the biggest pig at the fair..1400 or so pounds!}
Would you like to know what we ate? It almost shames me to tell you, but everything was so tasty, I can't resist:
Honey Lemonade
Waffle on a stick, dipped in chocolate, covered in sprinkles and whipped cream
Fried cheese curds
Cinnamon roll
Walleye on a stick
Foot long corn dog
Alligator
French Fries
Kettle Corn
Chocolate malt milkshake
Roasted corn on the cob
Cotton Candy
And I wondered why the new pants I bought at MOA didn't fit when I got back home to Utah......silly me

{home sweet home}


1 comment:

  1. Ooooo!! Your food list sounds delightful :) And I can't wait to try those snickerdoodles!!

    ReplyDelete