9.17.2010

TGIF

Oh you didn't know it's my birthday this weekend? Well, birthdays are my favorite. I L-O-V-E them! Everyone's birthdays all elicit love and adoration from me, but none so much as my own birthday (although, Jeffrey's is a close second). And that's not self-centered or anything. This is an extra-special one this year because thanks to wonderful doctors and nurses, family and friends, and even some strangers, I'm alive to celebrate my birthday.

SO...we have some plans. We'll see how they pan out. Jeffrey has agreed to only do a maximum of 3 hours of homework on Saturday and that right there just about makes my day!


We're also just looking forward to maybe getting in some relaxation, reflection and recovery this weekend. We haven't been getting too much of that these days, so hopefully we'll have time to simply BE.

Kind of like that one time, not too long ago, when our families gathered in Nauvoo to witness Jeffrey and I get married. We sat on this porch, looking at the beautiful LDS Nauvoo Temple and out on the great Mississippi River, and felt each moment. It was beautiful. I hope to have a moment-filled weekend like that.

1 comment:

  1. life is made of moments.....the more we harness those moments, the greater are our joys and the greater are our accomplishments. The vantage of harnessed moments is that they can be revisited anytime in our memories. I'm on the porch now, smelling the rivulet filled air and watching the Nauvoo lights subtly carry the day to dusk.

    ReplyDelete