9.27.2010

Weekend Mirths plus Things That Make Want Them Week Kick-off

This weekend went by so quickly! Midterms are starting up and are threatening to stiffle any sort of life we may have left in us, so we tried to revive our spirits this weekend with a little volunteering.

We helped out with this race held on Saturday in Midway, Utah, called The Dirty Dash. It's basically a 10k fun run in the mud, and some of the proceeds went to the Leukemia Lymphoma Society, so we were more than glad to volunteer.

BTW- September is officially Lymphoma and Leukemia month, so don't forget to hug your favorite cancer survivor or send them a nice little note! (and I'm not saying that just because I want hugs and notes....but I certainly won't reject them!! :)


On the drive through Provo Canyon we got stuck behind a truck full of pumpkins! Jeff wanted to honk or something but I was in HEAVEN!!
Fall is surrounding me!! The universe is combining in my favor!! I LOVE pumpkins!!

{Soldier Hollow, Midway, UT, looking lovely in autumn attire}

{we made sure all thirsty participants recieved some refreshment}

{the mud pit, located at the finish line}

Also...you might have noticed it's "Things That Make Me Want Them Week."
We all have them, those little (or sometimes big) guilty pleasures that we simply can't resist indulging in. I'm pretty sure I have more than a weeks worth of guilty pleasures, but for your sake and mine-sheesh, I can't tell you everything naughty about me-I've whittled it down to 4 or 5. The first one, just to whet your appetite, is little bit rolly, a lot a bit tasty....check back tomorrow to find out more.
And feel free to share your guilty pleasures with me all week long. I know you have them!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment