9.07.2010

Weekend Mirths, A Labor of Love

Our Labor Day weekend was a rather busy and not at all too relaxing one. But we got to spend a lot of time with family, which made it wonderful.

Friday night lights found us at my cousin Zach's high school football game, surrounded by family and one of the loudest, craziest, most intense cheering sections I've ever been in. And I know some pretty intense people.

One of the funniest things of the night was when my cousin Danny visited the snack stand for a bratwurst, and his friend Jaimie had asked him to save her a bite by putting only ketchup on some of it.

Notice please, the size of the "bite":


I'd call that more of a nibble. Jaimie thought it was a little lacking too.

Saturday Jeff Jeff and I got to attend the "Timpanogas Storytelling Festival". It's something I've been wanting to do ever since I transplanted to this area, and Danny kindly passed on his tickets to us. We got to go to the "Laughin' Night", where storytellers shared hilarious experiences, sang foolish songs, and general had us in stitches. I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe and tears were just dripping from my brimming eyes. It was happy.


Monday.......Jefferson did homework and I kept myself busy around the house, and even tried to do some fabric shopping, but in case you hadn't noticed, stores were packed on Monday. So I came back home and provided moral support. We discovered the one thing that can make studying all day on a holiday seem better: homemade salsa.



1 comment:

  1. When Skyler and I share polish sausages... I just don't put any mustard on the whole thing... then I don't have to worry about it... I'm the one that doesn't like mustard. I guess that makes me a little selfish :)

    ReplyDelete