9.22.2010

A Decadent Dinner

There's just something comfy about breakfast, especially when it's breakfast for dinner.

Sometimes though, I think it's a little too cozy, and that's where this decadence came in. I thought to myself, "Self, if you're going to really make breakfast for dinner tonight, you'd better really make it. No lazy, lousy, I'm-giving-up-on-life-so-it's-breakfast-for-dinner-night, nope lady, it has got to be GOOD."

And oh.my.goodness. This was so good!! For hours after dinner Jeff Jeff and I would smack our lips and say, "Mmmm. That was sooooo good!" Why was it so good? Because it was positively decadent. Normally we of the Draper family (my maiden heritage) are known for making cheesy waffles-that is, waffles with cheddar cheese on top, all melted and crisped up in the waffle maker. Don't knock it till you try it, either. Because many have, and they ultimately end up wrong. And they eat every bite of their words. Seriously.

This waffle though, this may become the Klis waffle.





It starts out as a Draper waffle, but omits the cheese and gets a nice spanking of fried ham, sunny-side-up eggs, and buttermilk syrup instead.
The sunny-side-up egg, that's a Klis thing. They grossed me out as a Draper but the Mr. adores them, so I gave them another try as a Klis and they're pretty tasty with most things. The buttermilk syrup, I think that's a Utah thing. I've never had it anywhere else but people here are crazy about. With good reason. Check out the recipe here.

So if you're thinking breakfast for dinner tonight, don't do it in an I've-given-up-on-life manner, go all out, go decadent. Yum yeah, you'll be glad you did!
Oh and if you're thinking about waffles, or maybe need some new ideas about what other things you can make in your waffle maker (you'd be surprised, the things you can make....) please check out this blog, waffleizer. I've been chuckling heartily about it all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment