8.30.2010

Oh the places you'll go...

...and oh the places I've been!

It all started with these two deciding to get hitched,

Robyn + Shane


{bridal shower invite, made by my sister, Krista}

{robyn, shane}

{invitations, hand designed by Robyn}

So on August 18th, Mr. Klis and I stepped off the plane into what can really only be called an oven. It was unreal. I think I literally melted, melted, in that Arizona summer. It really is a desert down there. The sun surrounds you with its heat, dusty, dry, practically treeless scenery engulfs you, but in its own way, its kinda beautiful. Mr. and I were particularly intrigued by the abundant cacti. I wanted to kick one but decided against it.


{Jeff Jeff, Me, cacti}

My parents rented a convertible for the weekend which was fun, but maybe not as "cool" as it could have been (get it..."cool"...because it was so awful hot, even when driving with the top down...got it yet? Well, I thought it was clever).

The wedding, the whole purpose of this trip to Arizona, was lovely.

We started the day bright and early, and while Krista and I helped and helped Robyn get ready, Mr. was also very helpful:



Luckily, we didn't really need much help.








{Robyn's mom made the cake}

{Krista made the love bird cake toppers}

{Together the love birds cut the cake}

I know, I know, I didn't get a lot of pictures of the happy couple. I promise I tried! But most of all them were the eyes half-closed, open mouthed expressions no one likes to see posted anywhere, so I have kept them to myself. Trust me though, Robyn and Shane both looked so wonderful and so happy, photos simply would not do the day justice.

3 comments:

  1. When we arrived in Phoenix around that same time... I was like... uh... "can we go back to Flagstaff?" It was soo hot! Skyler tells me I would get used to it if we lived there... I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh yeah I agree. I don't think I could ever really adjust to that

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok...i see lots of family but where's the mama?

    ReplyDelete