11.17.2009

Potpourri

...not the pokey, stangely colored kind, or the liquid kind that my Mama used to pour into a miniature crockpot, more like the conglomerate of "I don't know whats" kind. This is the kind of potpourri my life has been lately.

So here's a potpourri post of things that currently float about in my mind:

Date nights with Jeffrey...the other night we went to Chili's with the gift card Jeffrey won from his first place chili. Date nights are getting a bit less frequent with the latest onslaught of intramural football and basketball games, and the encroaching end of the semester, but I love them nevertheless because being with my best friend always settles the turbulence in my life (and consequently our lives!).

Family. Both present and future. Those with us and those far away. Immediate and extended. I can never express how lucky I am to be a part of such wonderful families.

Thanksgiving! This picture and this picture make me chuckle...I sure hope I can cook a good bird!


GRAD SCHOOL?
Kinda scary, kinda exciting, kinda competitive.


Anyway, there's just a snippet of what occupies my mind these days.
I hope your minds are considering all past, present, future issues, and that you are all finding joy in your journey.

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful that it hasn't snowed yet in Chardon. I'm also grateful that hair grows...how marvelous are our bodies. They can heal, they can withstand, they can think and learn, they can expand (with peach pie fests) or they can shrink (well this one isn't so easy...but bodies can!). I'm thankful for each day which adds up to being thankful for plenty of yesterdays and plenty of tomorrows!

    ReplyDelete