11.03.2009

10 Second Clean-up

I don’t know how many of you remember the TV show, “The Big Comfy Couch”, and if you do know of it, if you ever dared to watch it. The obscenely vibrant colors, the fact that Loonette the Clown could stretch the times of the day, and those freaky little dust bunnies under the couch all contributed a bit of eeriness and shall we say, irregularity, to the show.

However, there was one feature of “The Big Comfy Couch” that my sister and I found advantagous to our lifestyle: 10 second clean-up time. Basically, Loonette grabbed everything that was strewn around the room and shoved it under that big, comfy couch- a very handy tactic for a young child to have in the bag.
My aunt Chrissy recently reminded me about my sneaky, unclean, clean-up habits of yesteryear when she shared this story:

“Good morning ladies…
I walked into the family room and Cam was busy as a beaver cleaning up his toys by putting them under the couch and singing the clean up song”-- (Barney-another childhood nightmare!)-- “It reminded me of a time when 2 little girls and a mom were getting ready to visit their grandma/mom but couldn’t leave until the girls’ room was cleaned. The girls picked up their room and their mom inspected it. They did a great job. Half way to gram’s house the two little girls started snickering and were delighted with themselves. Their mom asked them what they were laughing at and the little girls told her that they shoved everything under their beds!”
Mama was not too happy with us.

{busy little Cameron}
{messy little sisters}




5 comments:

  1. Compare back then to now- hmmm, I wouldn't mind if my little girls were messy if they turned out to be as clean as you :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were way to harsh on Loonette.....those stretching moves are not for the faint of heart. I bet she has one heck of a set of abs the way she ticks around that clock legs postured just so! It has inspired me.....must go stretch the time of day myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the picture of you and Krista was one right before the dreaded Black Bag came through and snatched your mess right up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The BLACK BAG!!
    That deserves a post itself!
    And I thought the same thing when I saw this picture! We must be family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rachel.....I do believe that this is material #1 for that children's book I've been encouraging you to write. Get started would you?!

    ReplyDelete