1.31.2011

Weekend Mirths

When Monday comes I sometimes feel like the weekend was uneventful, but once I get to listing things out I realize it's probably because so much happened so fast. Take this weekend for example: Friday night Jefe and I volunteered for a program called Friday's Kids Respite. If you like Utah County, I highly recommend looking into helping out with this program. It's only every other Friday night, and you babysit special needs children so that for a short three and a half hours their parents can live a normal life, or even go out on a date. It's so rewarding and the kids are so great.

Saturday was all about rest and rejuvenation, with a bit of housework thrown in. Saturday night we walked around the mall and got ice cream, then watched "Sneakers". The last time I saw that movie I was probably 13 years old, and somehow, years later, I still don't understand it all the way.

Sunday we enjoyed blueberry almond pancakes and after church went out to enjoy the flash of spring weather.

{Sunday special breakfast, pancakes}

{our favorite park}

We finally finished things of with a batch of fresh, homemade doughnuts. Recipes on our Sunday delights to come.

{little holey circles of delight}

I came into work this morning and drooled all over my computer screen when I saw this gown from the SAG Awards red carpet. Goodness me. I want it. Isn't it gorgeous? It was definitely my favorite.

{January Jones, "Mad Men"}

The Sundance Film Festival wrapped up this weekend. All last week I thought about how fun it would be to go up to Park City, alas, I didn't feel like standing in an endless line waiting for tickets.

The movie I'd most like to see this year:
Buck by Cindy Meehl, Audience Award Documentary

So, next September 16th or so, I need to register for a purchase timeslot, which then I will use to purchase tickets sometime in early January. Hopefully there will be some good options next year, and hopefully there will be some left-over tickets for me to snatch up. Most of all, I hope I can remember to register!!

I hope you had a relaxing, or event-filled weekend, whatever your preference. Have a great week! Countdown to Friday: 4 more days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment