1.24.2011

Weekend Mirths

{german pancakes with peach sauce, a sleepy Sunday morning breakfast}

This weekend left me wishing that every weekend was a three day weekend. There was just not enough time to get things done, so the two days were a whirlwind and not exactly restful. Even Sunday, our usually very quiet, relaxing day got a bit of a pick-up.


{the Jefe, recovering and de-stressing aka playing solitaire while wrapped up like a baby}

We've recently been asked to teach Sunday School to the 8 year-olds in our church. I had no idea what 8 year-olds were like-toddlers, yes, teenie boppers, sure, but 8 year-olds? They're like the awkward in-betweens so we were more than a little nervous. I'm pretty sure I sweated through my sweater while we sat in class waiting for them to come.

Thank the heavens-it turned out great in the end. The kids are really sweet and talkative, which is always better than silent I suppose, and I'm excited to come up with fun lessons so church isn't, ehem, boring (I haven't been struck by lightning yet for saying that....).

Other highlights included running my first 5 miles since August. I'm still alive. So I guess there's more where that came from. We also scrubbed the house, did a few scattered art projects, and had a popcorn and movie night.

{art randomness-an oil pastel drawing for the kiddies}

In other news-this week marks the start of tests. From now on, I only have 3 measly weeks without a scheduled test until the end of the semester.


Now excuse me please, I must go back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment