1.18.2011

Weekend Mirths

It started out as a simple country weekend. Friday night I cooked us up some country fried steak (if you're interested, I recommend this recipe for country fried chicken, substitute cube steaks at your leisure), we lazed around, and then Saturday we broke in Jeffrey's gun.


{a really, really excited Jeff Jeff}






{my carhart is pretty sexy, right?}

At least 200 bullets later, we felt sufficiently American, and had gotten Jeff's scope all dialed in but the crosshairs had split-so we had to return it and get a new one which means more of the same fun to come. Only with much less bullet waste this time.
Saturday night we finally decided to leave the country behind and take our chances on the big city. We got all cleaned up and headed into Salt Lake to see the comedy troupe, The Left Field.



{Rose Wagner Theatre, were the show was held}

We laughed so hard...I'm pretty sure I cried and I almost stopped breathing all together once. If you'd like to see such a spectacle, the DVD will be for sale sometime we were there for the recording night so you might even get lucky and see me gagging on my own air as I laugh most attractively......if I had known I'd be laughing so much I would have payed more attention to when it comes out. If I had cared more I might not have laughed so grossly for now it is recorded for eternity. Oh well. Good times.
Monday we had the family over for a game and movie night. I found out I am not nearly as good at Scattegories as I used to be-Jeff and I used to dominate. I'm blaming my lack of domination on the nuclear waste that got dumped in my body for 7 months. Oh well. Good times :)
Seriously though we had a great night with my brother and his wife and our cousins. We ate two whole batches of caramel corn and a whole lotta swedish fish.
I also finished a fabulous art project I've been wanting to do for some time. More to come on that, but here's a sneak peak:



I hope your weekend was lovely. Thankfully the next one is fast approaching....

2 comments: