11.01.2013

31 weeks



Thanks to my fellow mamas for tips on warding off nausea, I'm finally feeling well enough to function good and proper.  These days, after Sawyer goes to bed, you'll find me sipping peppermint tea while sewing little headbands and embroidering baby bodysuits.  Working my fingers to the bone :) What I really love though is when Sawyer is awake and I'm sewing and he sidles over to where I'm sewing, clumsily works his way into my lap and clearly pronounces it time for "ouuurrr turrrn." I say "Your turn?" He flops his fluffy hair with an emphatic nod, points to his chest and declares, "baby's turn. Shark. Watch out." Meaning, of course, that it's his turn with the "sharp" needle and he'll be careful. I gingerly place the needle in his still chubby fingers and he stabs it down, with remarkable accuracy, into the fabric, then cranes his head to look back at me with triumph.  While praising the daylights out of him I work the needle back through the fabric and we again follow the process of baby's turn.  I've always enjoyed handcrafting for people I love, but detailing onesie's for my dearest baby girl with the help of  my precious big boy is like literally stitching the fabric of our family. I am overjoyed at becoming a family of four and though much of our routine will change, the things that truly matter will only get better. What we already have will simply, and maybe slowly, become more full and more fulfilling.  Kind of like how the perfectly spaced, even stitches I created seemed to be ideal, but those wobbly, toddler-initiated stitches are so much more perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment