10.30.2013

Halloween Manicure

 

I love painting my nails, and while it's usually a ritual I do every week, between the smell and some people saying the chemicals/odor are bad for the baby, I can't follow my norm during pregnancy.  I was lamenting the loss of fancy nails, until I remembered that I had stashed away some nail effect stickers that Jeff got me like a year ago.  I thought they'd make the perfect Halloween manicure, if they could just last as long as they suggested they would-10 days.

If you've never used these before, here's the run-down:
Super cinch to put on.
They have a slight odor, but I don't think I'd notice it if I wasn't pregnant.
Mine lasted from Friday night to Wednesday looking acceptable; they started to chip pretty fast, but luckily this design hid it well.  So, obviously, they didn't last as long as I hoped, but I didn't really expect them to stand up to dish-washing, floor scrubbing, crafting, or toddler nibbling.
I thought I could save the extra strips for touch-ups, although the instructions say to throw them away immediately. I was right and wrong. The strips dry out really fast once their pouch is opened, but I applied a clear coat to my bare nail, stuck on the dried out nail effect, snipped it down to shape, then applied a clear top coat and it held for another day or two.

Overall, I loved how easy these were to use and that my nails were dry and usable right away, but they are a little pricey considering they don't last very long with my hard-hitting lifestyle (hah).  So great for me during pregnancy, but I'll be going back to the usual once the baby comes along.

Back to Halloween manicures like these:





No comments:

Post a Comment