10.28.2013

Weekend Mirths: Let the Halloween Celebration Begin



Inspired by one of my all-time favorite costumes, we three attended our Church/community Trunk or Treat and Chili Cook-off this weekend as three visually impaired rodents. Jeff was actually supportive of the idea and had a good time being a blind mousy, I, too, was happy acting like a dork, and Sawyer wore his whole costume (ok, he went sans sunglasses after about 10 minutes) the entire night! Ears and all! I love this costume because it's so simple to pull off and so ridiculously fun to behave like a blind mouse.

And I would know, I've had experience.



So once I realized this was our last Halloween as a family of three, I put aside my other plans and pulled out the mouse-eared headband, dug around the dollar store for fluffy pink socks and gloves, and sniffed out some head-to-toe grey in each of our closets.  

Normally we bring more than just ourselves to the Chili Cook-off and we tote over our never-fail, always the winner, spectacular white chicken chili, but Jeff suggested we "let someone else win this year." :)
But if you ever want to win a chili cook-off, bring a white chili to the party.  It generates some discord, some people cry unfair, but most people cry out "delicious!" and you go home with bragging rights and a prize. 


On a totally unrelated, pintrest-worthy note, look at my neighbor's awesome idea for a Sir Toppem Hat outfit and Thomas the Tank wagon! She told me her boy specifically requested a little pudge around the middle to make his tummy look just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment