10.17.2013

Finally, A Place to Rest My...





I've had these stools for over a year now and their frumpy, country-red blandness has been mocking me ever since I brought them into our apartment. Country style has no home in my home.  I much prefer clean, crisp colors and modern lines in certain pieces to contrast my love for nearly all things vintage, textural, and glamorous, so I set out to do some "research" on how to make these stools fit my taste- and by research I mean retail therapy and Google searches. I also combed through styles from furniture and decor sites that are designated for our post-student-budget home, and there I found the gem I had been hunting for.  All it took was some spray paint and stencils and A LOT of husband coaxing to transform what was previously an eye sore into a refreshing, styled statement.  One that you can sit upon :)
 





Spray paint: Krylon, primer in White, color is Pebble Grey, stenciled numbers Flat Black

A note on stenciling: use stencil glue! or you'll have some color bleeding like you see here (oops! lazy monster came for tea that day). It's usually sold right by the stencil paper.  Also, I cut my stencils out myself with an Exact-o knife, but a much simpler route would have been to take the stencil paper to a store like Archiver's and have their Cricut machine do it for me.  That's what I'll be doing next time.

2 comments:

  1. Really cool, love it! If it makes you feel better I originally thought the bleeding was intentional =) says "artsy" to me

    ReplyDelete