10.29.2013

Halloween Layered Drinks


 



I was on the look out for something easy but festive to do for the Halloween playdate I'm hosting for a few mama's in my neighborhood when I came across layered drink ideas.  Easy-check. Festive-check.  While the kiddies nibble witch fingers or goblin eye balls, we'll be sipping on some bewitching brews.

Here's how to do it:

You need drinks with different levels of sugar content, like 30 grams, 15 grams, 0 grams. I found that the difference in sugar needed to be at least around 10 grams. Fill a glass with ice, then slowly pour in the drink with the highest sugar content, filling glass about 1/3 full. Repeat with the next highest sugar content, then finish with the drink with the lowest sugar content.  Remember, pour SLOWLY! 

I only used two different drinks because baby doesn't like artificial sweeteners and colored drinks with low- to no- sugar aren't really in existence.  I used pina colada drink mix for the bottom layer, and orange gatorade, green margarita mix (just the mix, no alcohol of course), and blueberry pomegranate juice for the top layers. I drank the margarita mix one first (yeah, it was that kind of day), but liked the juice the best.

Now go get brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment