9.30.2013

My Boy's First Art Project




Courtesy of nursery, Sawyer came home with his first art project this weekend.  Sadly, since the medium is marshmallow, it won't be going in the trunk of treasures. We'll be lucky if it makes it through the night, have you seen this boy eat marshmallows?  Henry Moore would be proud, but not nearly as proud as I was walking home from church holding this lovely creative piece made and nibbled in places by my sweet boy.

Jeff told me everything that Sawyer was doing in nursery versus what the other children were doing, and I couldn't help wondering what I was doing wrong, why my boy was all over the room while the other children sat nicely.  I felt so bad! Like despite all my efforts, he still had gaps in his life education. Just t      hen my good friend sat down by me and told me how much fun she had sitting behind our family in the first part of church, because she always gets a kick out of watching Sawyer.  She said, "He's so active-" then I nearly cried, thinking "Oh so you noticed too? Yeah apparently we need to practice sitting and staring at home." But then she finished her statement, "-that's intelligence. You can tell he is so smart."

So obviously, what I learned is that all the other kids in nursery are lazy and mind-numb and that's why Sawyer heads for the snacks while they sit in chairs......just kidding.  But I did learn that I've still got a lot of work to do to help my boy grow into all he is and can become, and I'm so happy my friend was around to help rescue me and give me some comfort in my little moment of mom crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment