9.23.2013

26 weeks


{my photographer was decommissioned this week, but don't worry, I'm looking nice and pregnant}


This week was my birthday week, which got me really excited about actual birthdays and especially the one for our pending arrival. I love wondering if she'll be early, late, or right on time, if she'll come quickly or tease (read: torture) us with a long labor.  I think that personality starts to show once you can feel your baby, and that the circumstances of birth are all a part of the baby's story.  I'm wondering what she'll show us about who she is when she comes on her birthday.

I already know she's a busy little bee. She swims and snuggles and kicks and pushes around so much! Sawyer was an active baby, but our sweet girl's movements are different: they're more precise and repetitious, like she's fluffing her umbilical "pillow" and arranging her pod to be just right.  She's active whether I'm busy or at rest, and though it seems she's most active when I'm at rest, sometimes she likes to jab me while I'm particularly occupied, as if to say, "hey mama, quiet down I'm nesting in here!"  It's adorable. I can't help but love everything about her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment