8.09.2013

Pudding Paintings











Sawyer and I started painting, and then I realized I didn't have my camera.  I dashed down the hall to get it and when I popped back out of our room, Sawyer had one dipped finger poised in front of his mouth and the loudest, "Mama, can I eat this?" look on his face.  I happily cheered him on, "Yeah it's OK, you can eat it. Go ahead."  And massive pudding devouring ensued.  He still made a few artsy smears with the pudding on his paper but usually while shoveling pudding in his mouth with his spare hand.  There were lots of mouth-popping finger licks, whole-handed scoops, and yes, even off-the-paper slurps.

My sister shared the idea of pudding painting with me ages ago and obviously we should have done this sooner.

Super cinch.  Here's all you need:
Supplies:
1 large box instant vanilla pudding (or homemade vanilla, if you're feeling it)
milk
food coloring
several small bowls
poster-weight paper (so the pudding won't bleed through, and the paper won't rip)

Directions:
Mix the pudding with the milk according to package directions, then divide into bowls. I used about 1/2 cup in each bowl.  Mix in a drop of food coloring to each.

Then get painting! No need to let the pudding set, just dip right in!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment