8.08.2013

20 weeks-She's a Lady!


Oh nothing much really happened this week....EXCEPT....we got our 20-week ultrasound and we now know if we're having a baby boy or baby girl.

AND SHE'S A BABY GIRL!!

Didn't see that coming. Well actually, both Jeffrey and I had a smallish sort of feeling this little babe wasn't a man-child, but we needed proof to be able to admit it. We were basically in pink denial.  I hate pink. Jeff hates pink.  Most especially hot pink and baby pink....so obviously we aren't at all "thinking pink."  Baby girl can wear it once she can choose it, but for now, we'll stick to colors that she can throw up on, not ones that make me throw up on them. 

Now that that's cleared up, we can get down to celebrating our amazing, soon-to-be-new addition.  Each week I feel that I get to know her better, and knowing that she'll be our little lady (with any luck...) brings a strong sense of balance to our family.  I know she's going to be a great woman some day, especially since she has so many wonderful women in our family to look up to, and I can't wait to help her on her journey to become one.  I haven't felt the least bit nervous or intimidated by the challenge which will invariably come with raising a daughter- and I think that's a considerable blessing- because I just feel like I know how to do this.  And of course, what I don't know, I'll work hard to figure out and fix it quickly.  Incredibly, I've felt an amazing peace about this baby and about becoming a mom of 2 in 20 more weeks (or less! she's measuring 6 days ahead of schedule), and I know that's it not only the assurance that confidence and experience bring, but the strength in knowing that what I'm doing is right.

This baby girl is so right for our family.

1 comment: