10.01.2010

TTMMWT Week, Grand Finale!!

If you know me at all, you can probably guess what the grand finale of all things that make want them is. You may even have been wondering all week long when this was going to come up. Well here it is. I saved it because when it comes to things that make me want them, the train stops here. Always. And forever.

Shoes.

Oh nothing (except for maybe my Jeffrey, but he's not really a thing), nothing really gets to me quite like shoe shopping does. I see pretty shoes and I can feel my heart pound in my chest, my breath catches, and I just have this euphoric moment-"ahhhhhhhhh"-and then I go krayzieee!!

I've loved shoes longer than I've loved cinnamon rolls, cinnamon bears, even nail polish. My first stand up for fashion moment involved shoes, way back when I was in kindergarten. I had this super adorable pair of black velvety booties with ribbon laces and a kitten heel, and my sometimes mean, sometimes nice kindergarten teacher-whom, I might add, didn't even know how to spell ballet-was having a mean day the first time I wore them to school. My entire class had lined up single file for our restroom break, and that dark-haired lady drew up a long, witch-like finger, pointed it in my direction and croaked, "Rachel! You're not allowed to wear high heels to school!" I told her, "Lady, these aren't even high. I have a pair three times as high at home." That's the truth, I really said that to her face (I might not have said "lady", but it sounds better in retrospect :).

Stand up for what you love. Or in my case, stand tall wearing what you love.

Here are a few of my favorite picks of shoes for this season. If Jeff hadn't mercilessly hacked up all my credit cards and taken my debit card away from me, I would probably own one these beauties. Maybe for Christmas......


{Laces}


{New Neutrals}


{Fanciful delights}



No comments:

Post a Comment