9.27.2011

23 weeks

I feel like someone yanked out my belly button and inflated my tummy like a balloon. Little Jeff-as he is sometimes called because our sweet baby is still nameless-kicks me so hard and is getting so big you can see him disturb the round surface of my belly every now and then. Sometimes I sit in class or at work, or at home or in bed for that matter, and watch in amazement. Knowing there is a growing, healthy, feisty little baby in there makes a belly button popped like I'm Thanksgiving turkey completely worthwhile. I don't even bother to tape that sucker down anymore (I used to because people stare at it like it's alien). It's my mark of motherhood, a circuitous one since mothers are the whole reason we have belly buttons in the first place. Here's to mothers. And here's to 23 weeks of glorious life for my darling man child.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the taped belly button! It made me chuckle the first time you showed it to me. You are too cute Rachel!

    ReplyDelete