10.04.2011

Weekend Mirths

Oh what a glorious weekend! I wish it had never ended.

Jeffrey attended his first ever college football game, thanks to my wonderful aunt Judi. BYU played Utah State, and since my cousin Travis plays for Utah State, we had a wonderful time rooting both ways. Not only was the game good to the last second, but we also got free BYU creamery ice cream! They must have known it Jeff's first time.

I loved showing the Jefe how to be a sideline participant in the whole affair, including how to "Rise and Shout" the Cougar fight song, how to roar along with Cosmo the cougar (our mascot), and how to defend your seats to the death when sneaky older persons are trying to steal them from you.

{free delicious LaVell Vanilla. thank you BYU, I needed something sweet}

{seats on the 40}

{this artsy fartsy is the only picture Jeff would let me take of us, and even then I had to sneak}

Jeffrey works all the live long day on Saturday, so in my spare time I've been slaving over creating a delicious new recipe: caramel apple pancakes! (to gratify my caramel apple obsession, no doubt). Maybe, and hopefully, I'll get it just right some day soon.

{caramel swirled pancakes}

{Sneak peak: crafting! I did something I should have done long ago...}

On Sunday, Jeffrey and I strolled through Rock Canyon Park, drinking in the crisp air and catching whiffs of Fall leaves. We tried and tried to pick out a name for baby, finally deciding that we simply cannot decide. This naming business is hard stuff. We had a name all planned out and in the bag and then one of us (ahem, it wasn't me) comes out and says he isn't so positive about what we were once so sure about, which left us with a lot of naming doubts-we're working through it. We both believe that names are really special but finding something that speaks to both of us has proven to be a challenge so far. That's what comes from wedding your opposite I suppose.




1 comment:

  1. I had the most glorious taste of fall today. I treated myself to a New York Custard Pumpkin Cone! That will cure whatever ails ya'! Promise.........

    ReplyDelete