9.16.2011

Some musings...

I've been thinking a lot lately about babies. For obvious reasons, of course, it occupies my mind for approximately 9 of 13 waking hours (hey, I go to bed early folks), with the other hours being filled with thoughts of food, school, work, food, dreams of naps, crafts, ideas for creative exercise, and sometimes shopping.

For 9 hours, there's never a shortage of things to think about. It affords me plenty of time for mulling over important things and small things. I think of important and amazing things before I fall asleep, right as I wake in the morning, when I feel our little boy kick to assert his presence, and all the pockets of moments in between.

But lets talk about the small things for now.

Like how I want this vintage pram. Badly.

{i'd have this washed up and re-upholstered so it can reach its maximum potential}

Like how I hope (and pray) that our child doesn't need one of these to keep him in his crib:



Like tummy size. This is my angel mother, carrying me-although at the moment it looks like I'm carrying her around. Let's actually not talk about this now. That's a bit scary.

{i love you mama}

Like baby layettes:


Just little things that occupy my thoughts and snatches of free time. If you want to join me in frivolity, feel free to leave me a link in the comments to something wonderful or adorable. I'll be happy to give you an excuse to look at baby things, and it'll probably make your heart happy too.

1 comment:

  1. A bit of nostalgia to reflect on the glories of feeling and seeing life blossom before your eyes with that belly bump (or in this case bulge) front and center.....as important things in life should be. I LOVE YOU my little Mama~!

    ReplyDelete