9.14.2011

El Jefe Celebrates-One Quarter of a Century


My lover turned 25! (On August 31st....)
Birthday plans are sometimes tricky for the Mr., but to help me out there are always a few things I can rely on: for his birthday dinner, he'll want juicy steaks, garlic green beans, and rosemary roasted potatoes with grape juice to wash it down (this guy LOVES grape juice); he'll want a cake, and it'll have to be chocolate; present wise, some electronic is usually on the birthday list.

Other than that I'm on my own to collect ideas for what to get the big guy and whether or not we'll do a shindig or a quiet affair. I usually begin planning a few months ahead of time, but following my latest trend, this big celebratory day snuck up on me! Luckily, Jeffrey broke form and had a list for birthday presents he had created himself....sheesh, you'd think this would make me happy but he wanted everything I had planned to get him, which sure ruins all the good surprises and makes me look very un-clever.


Jeffrey didn't know that I had invited some people over to share all that chocolate cake with us and celebrate the big day, so at dinner just the two of us sat eating dinner and chatting and Jeff said, "None of my friends came." I felt so bad!! And although I was happy inside because I knew his friends were coming, I just hated to cause him pain on his birthday. Right after dinner, we heard a knock at the door (a common occurrence with apartment managing), and with a puzzled look Jeffrey walked to the door and said, "Who could that be?" I smiled inside but said aloud, "It'd better not be some girl who locked herself out of her apartment!!" Then......SURPRISE!! In pops our friends with presents and ice cream and many happy returns to Jeff :) Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment