8.17.2010

Weclome to Our New Love Nest, Part I

I think I said a very long, long time ago that once I got my new love nest all to my liking I'd share some pictures. I've recently come to the conclusion that it will take a long time to get everything to my liking, in fact it may never even happen at all! But I do love all three rooms of our love nest that were mine to decorate ("Jeffrey's Room" is lost, lost, lost cause).

So, at the prompting from my good friend, ehem L.B., I'll start with the bedroom.
Mostly because of this:


Another one of my Refabulous projects that due to my blogging delinquency I never got around to telling you about. L.B. and I found this at one of the cutest antique stores, Planted Earth. It was a super steal. I mean, really, if I told you what I paid for it, you'd think I really had stolen it and was just pulling a fictitious number out the air to throw you off my trail.

Especially after a fresh coat of delicious, eggplant-hued paint.

{I love that color, eggplant. Yummy.}

It complements my reading nook quite nicely:


And notice the corner of my fabulous purple dresser, see more of it here.

The rest of the bedroom goes something like this:

{that mirror is an antique too. every bedroom needs a great mirror, that one is mine}

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I'm a big fan of that eggplant color too. It's just so rich and lovely. The new frame really gives that painting new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rach! you need to come decorate my apartment! it needs to be saved from it's lost, lost cause!

    ReplyDelete