8.17.2010

Baby's First Tri

Jeffrey and I have been wanting to do triathlons for a long time. We started training back in November, but then that whole cancer thing happened, so Jeff competed in his first triathlon this past Saturday while my SIL Robyn and I cheered enthusiastically.

My claim to fame in the whole affair: I'd like to say I helped train him. I was the timer/whip cracker. I also helped pushed him because he knows cancer or not, I still come close to whoopin' his butt.
.................(don't tell him I said that!!)

Baby's first tri was the Bountiful Reverse Triathlon, in Bountiful, Utah.
It was a triathlon sprint, and in reverse order, so he first ran 3 miles, then biked 10 miles, then swam 350 yds.





Baby did it all in 1 hour and eleven minutes. He was 5th in his age group. His performance wasn't bad for an old football, basketball, track sprinter type (I really loved seeing him do something in the endurance category).



Baby did really well for his first triathlon.


Made mama proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment