10.19.2009

The Big 2-1!




Don’t worry all of those who may think my 21st birthday passed by uneventfully, I had a marvelous “Since I can’t get drunk, come get high with me!” celebration inspired by the movie “UP”. I love this movie, and I love birthdays, so naturally the two came together to create a magnificent event. I had some of my besties over for mocktails and hors d’orves, cupcakes, and presents, then we headed off to see “UP” in the dollar theatre. I handed out balloons with big ol’ chocolate bars tied to the ribbons to weigh the balloons down. I took mine to the theatre and it almost escaped me during the movie and floated up into movie theatre oblivion, but luckily my bro-in-law Christian has PLRs (panther-like reflexes) and snatched it. It was a lovely day, and I was pleasantly surprised at how fun a simple celebration can be.
{delicious mocktails: pina colada, strawberry daiquiri, raspberrry lemonade}
{delightful gifts}
All of these photos were taken by the lovely Chelise Vandegraaff. You can view her blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment