10.27.2009

Autumn


“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.”
-Stanley Horowitz


Fall is my absolute favorite season. There are so many reasons to love autumn (one being the word "Autumn"-what a pleasure to say!), but here are a few of my most beloved aspects of autumn:

Flavors-aromatic spices, crisp apples, apple cider, cinnamon sugar, pumpkin, butternut squash, and spiced doughnuts
Hazelnut cream and Mocha Candles masking my apartment with a cozy smell
Leaves-beautiful on the trees and crunchy under my feet
Crispness of the air
The colors!!
Clothes
-sweaters, layers, boots, mittens, slippers
Halloween
My birthday
The smell of the air

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention the pumpkin walk! Although I don't know if we can count that one because we haven't been in awhile. Also I really love that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the pumpkin walk!! We do love that, and if I go to grad school at Utah State we will certainly go again!
    Maybe I'll even help with it, wouldn't that be so funny and so full-circle?

    ReplyDelete