4.10.2014

Lately, here at our house



 Crafts for mama bear.


Sawyer has taken to packing "bags" for himself.
He dumps out a bunch of toys, selects bit and bobs from among his favorites,
then sticks them in something-anything really- and carries them around the house.




Lou is resting up and working on her physique (those arms! squish squish!).
Also, faces. She has some great signature looks.



Doug came to town! Only for a few hours on a layover, but it pretty much
made my Minnesota life.


Jeff bought me a new car! AHHH! I feel like one super cool
mom in our big "family car." Thank you Jeff for not making me
roll around in a minivan! This SUV is one foxy lady and I call her Pepper.


We got Sawyer a job. Just kidding! But when we took Pepper out for a jaunt in the city
we got a nail in one of our tires. Major bummer. Luckily, in-laws to the rescue! 
Allison and Bob picked us up and let us camp out in their office until the tire was patched.




This is how we pretend like it's summer, when it's very much not summer. 
We put on sunglasses, coats, and crank the heat in the car while 
listening to country. 
Hey, we do what we must to survive the tundra.



Sawyer moved into a toddler bed and did great!.... For a week. Then he discovered
life without crib rails and tore his room apart, climbed up on his dresser, 
ate wall decorations (don't ask, I'm hoping it's a weird, two-year old pica phase)
and basically drove me nuts.
So I exiled him to his old pack and play and only allowed him to
sleep with a few toys-the deepest cut of all.
He LOVES cramming everyone into his bed, and knows when 
any one of those fluffy toys or blankets is missing. Thankfully, a few days in confinement seemed 
to cure his rowdy nap time activities and he's back in his big boy bed.





As mentioned previously, some weird eating habits are emerging around here.
Sawyer will take his jar of pickles in bed, thank you very much.
And Elouise prefers gnawing on human flesh to virtually every teething toy on the market,
including our dearly beloved Sophie.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, after catching up on your blog... Which I was very far behind on! I realized a few things... You have a baby girl and you live in Minnesota! I would love to see you the next time I'm in town! I've been there a lot lately, wedding planning and stuff! Glad to read and see that all is well!! -Jackie

    ReplyDelete