3.19.2014

Elouise at 3 months




  









She's biting her lower lip, smiling, shaking her limbs all about, chewing on anything fleshy, and drooling. Could you tell? I love this little beauty and all her personality.  She is a doll of a lady baby.  Not only because she lets me dress her up however I like, but now that I mention it, she does tolerate my style picks really well. I can't wait to see how she dresses herself, and I hope she's as stubborn as I was (ahem, am) about it.

Back to this lady business.  I really have no idea where she is getting lady-like ideas from, certainly not me, so my only explanation is that it's springing from somewhere down deep. She crosses her ankles when she sits or lays around.  She clasps her hands together sweetly. When she has a need, she calls softly with a throaty half-moan, half-grunt, sprinkled with a delicate whine; something like the alluring hoot of an owl. She's patient with me and with Sawyer. She responds politely to elicitations for her attention with a charming smile and coy head turn.  Really, I am amazed.  Maybe she's trying to teach me some lessons.....

In other Elouise updates, she rolls easily from her tummy to her back and is working on getting from her back to her tummy. She does the pilates 100 when she wants to sit up and get in on the action, which is like, always.  When we hold her, she must be able to see everything that's going on or she launches backwards or contorts her body around until all is in her sight. Apparently, she's a blossoming busybody. Oh and she loves to be tickled.  And chew and drool all over shoulders when she's falling asleep, leaving a big wet patch behind.  We call that the mark of Elouise.

Speaking of mark, this girl is quickly making imprints in our hearts and family. I say it all the time, but it sure is wonderful to have her here.





No comments:

Post a Comment