3.13.2014

The Belle of the Ball



I knew from the first that I wanted a very specific gown for Elouise's blessing day. It had to be off-white, long, and covered in bits of lace, but not stuffy and overdone.  Finding a dress to fit the order was not easy, and after trying out a couple different avenues of approach, we finally bought a brand new dress that was too adorable to pass up.  But....it was glaringly white.  And every time I saw it hanging in her closet it mocked me with its uber brightness and I told myself that something had to be done.

Not that I have anything against white gowns. Its just that I wanted to give her an heirloom outfit, something with ties to my wedding dress and blessing gown so I could wrap her up in meaningful reminders of love. So with the help of my faithful and careful sister Robyn, we tea-stained Elouise's dress the night before her blessing.  Then I sewed her a headband of lace from our wedding and affixed the brooch from my wedding bouquet on her dress. I had another one of those "jewel" moments, holding my treasure as I waited for her blessing and hoping she could feel every little ray of love emanating from my heart.  The details weren't so much about how she would look, but more about expressing how much I have loved her- from before she was born, how I have waited for her place in our family that I didn't even know existed until she came, and now knowing we'd never become all we could be without her. I'm happy to do anything that shows her how much I love her, because I'm so happy to have my Elouise Lauren.

And now, queue the processional orchestra! All rise for the Belle of the Ball, the Personification of Perfection, the Exquisite Miss Elouise!



















   
 


And now for a few outtakes:




3 comments:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful! And I love, love, love the gown and all of the special elements you added to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! The dress is gorgeous! You are so good at changing things to how you want them and it working out perfectly! You know if I tried to dye that dress... well we won't go there... aahah

    ReplyDelete