10.31.2012

Pumpkin Doughnuts with Maple-Cinnamon Glaze



Every year we celebrate Halloween with doughnuts, spiced cider, and a viewing of the Disney classic, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (as narrated by Bing Crosby).  Due to Jeffrey's hectic schedule, we decided to celebrate over the weekend and I baked up these tasty doughnuts to enjoy.  I love baking doughnuts.  There's no icky frying oil spell permeating the house and stinking up my clothes, there's so little mess (especially when you pipe the batter into the pan!), and who doesn't love a cake doughnut every now and then?

These doughnuts, mmmMmmm, were delicious. Even my self-proclaimed pumpkin hater -ahem, Jeffrey-gobbled them down alongside me with an exclamation of, "these are hardly even pumpkin-y!" which was his form of a complement.  I made one adjustment which accounted for the less pumpkin-ness: I used canned pumkpin pie filling, not canned pumpkin puree plus all the spices, since the pie filling is less "spicy".  I had a hunch that anti-pumpkin man was really anti-the-usual-pumpkin-spices man, and my gut didn't lie. Thank goodness. Now mine isn't the only gut filled with doughnut deliciousness.


1 comment:

  1. I like your plates...I recognize them as ones bought in the land of Johnny Appleseed :)

    ReplyDelete