11.05.2012

Apple Round-Up











Just a few blocks down from our home is a generous little apple orchard. Generous I say, because anyone and everyone can go there to pluck apples from the trees for free. As many apples as you please, too.  I love walking over to the orchard-going there makes me feel like I'm back home, back in the land of Johnny Appleseed, at least until I look up and see the looming mountains. Sawyer loves to accompany me and squeals with delight as we hop up to grab apples and laughs when I drop them in our sack.  He watches with wonder the leaves that fall around us and hones in on apples as they free fall from trees. The apple season is all but finished around here so this past weekend was our last trip.  That is, until next year, generous little apple orchard.

Check out some of the links and ideas below for our favorite ways to eat apples in autumn.




apple cider doughnuts, ridiculously delish



chocolate apples and spiced cider



1 comment: