10.29.2012

Weekend Mirths



Come one, come all! See Sawyer Stand! See Sawyer Step!

This weekend was a big milestone for us; not-so-little Sawyer baby demonstrated his standing and stepping skills.  We've suspected for some time that he's been able to do this, he just prefers the more laid back route of allowing others to hold him up and walk him around. Of course, it goes without saying that we were delighted (just look at Jeff's face! Pure father pride), but somewhere deep inside me my mama heart was crying.  My little baby is just getting so big. He's growing so much.  Someday, who knows how soon, he won't want me to cuddle him at night and he won't cough for my attention and he won't want me to hold his hand everywhere and he won't open up his mouth and eat my face in a glorious baby kiss.  I love watching him grow, but I make a conscious effort to never let any moment or day or chance to bask in his babyness pass by me unnoticed.  All I know is, if he never grows out of these sweet loving things, I'll be one very happy mama.

2 comments:

  1. I really don't like me in this picture. I look like I sit and stare at computer screens all day with that hunched back... oh wait I do sit and stare and computer screens all day! AAHH! Just try and focus on Sawyer here please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still enjoy seeing my baby grow everyday!

    ReplyDelete