10.09.2012

The New Cheese in Town




Jeffrey and I have loved brie cheese since our first tasting.  During those long nine months while I was baking up baby bun, it killed both of us that we had to cut brie from our diet (because if mama couldn't eat it, no one was eating it).  So we kind of locked our love away and forgot about it. But imagine my delight the other day when, while perusing the cheese isle, I discovered brie logs. Not wheels, logs. Yes! It came home with me and Jeff and I literally ate the whole log in one sitting.

Beautiful, easy, and delicious, it made the perfect lunch.

This is our favorite way to eat it:
Brush 1 Pillsbury thin crust pizza with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.

Serve with various ripened fruits.  Among our favorites are peaches, strawberries, grapes, and honeydew.

Like I said, beautiful, easy and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment