5.14.2012

Mothers Day Weekend Mirths

 It was a weekend of family movie night, family dinners, family naps, and basically, a whole lot of family greatness.  My first official mother's day was amazing thanks to my two wonderful boys.  Jeff made me buttermilk pancakes and Sawyer gave me plenty of slobbery giggles and nuzzles.  An adorable new hat and a sweet bouquet of flowers rounded out the day and the weekend.

I can't believe how much my life has changed since becoming a mother.  Motherhood has made me feel so complete and empowered, and the same time so lacking and even, at times, powerless. I've never been challenged this hard or this much, and it takes summoning up courage and strength from life challenges that steadied me before Sawyer to make it through some days.  And yet this is the most wonderful responsibility I've ever undertaken and I'm so happy to share my life with Sawyer and the man who makes it all possible, my Jeffrey.





2 comments:

  1. This is the most adorable thing! I love how he is smiling in these and I love your dress! Happy Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures make my mother's day complete :)

    ReplyDelete