5.03.2012

Baby Bellas and Sugar Snap Peas, aka Best Steak Side Dish Ever


I probably should have spent more time taking pictures of the pretty process of making this best steak side ever, since the little mushrooms in their darling, earth-friendly packing were so cute, the sugar snap peas were so fresh and green, and fresh herbs are always lovely, but I had two hungry boys waiting and there was no time for frilly cooking.  Just know it was a pretty process.

Also, I don't even like mushrooms and I LOVED this.  I blended a few of Jeff's favorites (butter, butter, and more butter) with a few of mine (lemon, fresh herbs, and parmesan) to make a side dish both of us very thoroughly enjoyed.


Best Steak Side Dish Ever

Ingredients:
1 scant Tbsp unsalted butter
1 carton baby portobello mushrooms (I forgot to look at how many mushrooms were there....oops)
2 C fresh sugar snap peas, stringed
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/4 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup grated parmesan
salt

Method:

In a medium-sized saute pan over medium heat, melt butter.  Add in mushrooms, and saute until just turning golden brown.  Stir in peas and season with salt (I like salt, so used a bunch...hehe).  When peas are almost crisp-tender, stir in lemon juice, parsley, rosemary, and parmesan, then cook until peas are crsip-tender and parmesan has melted.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are so clever and creative with food! Actually you are that way all around! :)

    ReplyDelete