11.08.2011

Pumpkin Patch


Halloween is my favorite holiday (Christmas is given! Everyone has to pick a favorite other than Christmas....it's the rule). We made the most of the one-day, treat-filled holiday by celebrating all month long. I bedecked the house with cobwebs, spiders, glittering skills, my favorite mercury glass, and lots of candles. Then came to search for pumpkins.

We carved pumpkins twice this year and both times we selected our pumpkins from a cute little pumpkin patch. Obviously we just couldn't get enough of that pumpkin patch-we each carved three pumpkins in total.


{can you guess which are mine and which are Jefe's?}

{my witch face, Jeff's angry snake, Michelle's happiest ever pumpkins}

When Halloween weekend rolled around, we indulged in chocolate apple making with our cousins and some close friends. Chocolate apples instead caramel apples because the caramel didn't turn out so well:

{caramel apple disaster}

Next year I'll just do what I should have done and make the caramel from scratch. I tried to melt down caramels-like tons of people suggested-but once the caramel had set, it was so hard that it bounced! We're talking rock hard. It was pretty ridiculous, but in case you'd like to know, chocolate apples are really delicious.



We also drank copious amounts of spiced apple cider, with a spice mix I whipped up myself: star anise, cinnamon, and cloves.

{lovely spices}

Also, we may have had two Halloween themed dinners....
One with my wonderful friend, Michelle, where we delighted in eating monster eyes, troll fingers, caterpillar guts, ghosts and witche's pee (caprese bites, roasted turkey legs, green bean casserole, and spider cider, of course). And because I can't go a Halloween without them, we ate mummy dogs the next night.

And then to wrap it all up, we made a haunted gingerbread house on Halloween night (while also doing homework, because such is our life right now). Home sweet happy Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. I love your Halloween celebrations! It actually got me excited for Halloween even, which is quite the feat. Thanks again for letting me celebrate a little with you! I just think you're the best!

    ReplyDelete