10.19.2011

26 weeks

26 weeks, or 28 weeks? Or maybe even 29?! At our ultrasound today our little darling was measuring 28-29 weeks....approximately 3 weeks ahead of schedule! He's a whopping 2 lbs 12 oz, whereas my baby book said that babies are typically at 1 lb 13 oz at 26 weeks. Every time we measure this boy he's gotten bigger and bigger than the rest of the crowd. Ahead of the curve already! We're so proud :)

Still, despite my excitement at the possibility of having a deliciously chunky baby on my hands, I was worried that bigger is not better (or even just ok), and was concerned that something was wrong. I had to keep asking first the technician, then the perinatalogist, if baby was really doing ok, and all sources reported that he's just fine. Great even, because one of the concerns for our baby (because of all that radiation nastiness I had) was that he would be smaller than typical and developing behind schedule. Then I asked, as I always do, if anyone cared to change the due date, but no one wanted to because they used the most accurate method they could to predict it in the first place....so we could have one big baby on our hands. Or he could just come early-which would be lovely, as long as it isn't too early!

But to tell you the truth....I'm still a little bit nervous. Someone is going to have to deliver this child....

1 comment:

  1. Rachel! First off, congratulations!! Second, don't worry! Charlotte was almost 9 lbs, and was born on her due date. I don't know what your birth plan is, but I had an epidural and everything was fine! You can do it! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy, I hope you're feeling okay! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete