11.09.2011

28 weeks


A few days late on this week, but just look at how we've grown! We visited the midwives this week and everything is going great. I'm measuring perfectly on schedule for 28 weeks, our baby love's heart beats to the right rhythm, and we have finally made it to the last trimester. Hooray for the homestretch! We just can't wait to bring this baby home, we are so in love with him already.


This week I went to get Rhogam shot. Because I have O negative blood and our baby's blood type may be positive, this shot prevents my body from building up antibodies and attacking the baby should any of his body fluids mix with mine. I didn't realized how worried I had been about this until I noticed how relieved I felt after getting the shot. Falling or severe bleeding are always dangerous, and especially during pregnancy, but I would have nightmares about tripping down the stairs or sliding on ice and not being able to make it the ER in time to get the shot and save our baby from my body. I still cling to every railing and scour the sidewalk for potential dangers with every step, but I'm much happier knowing we took one more precaution to keep our sweet child safe.

1 comment: