11.17.2011

30 weeks


We got an ultrasound today to be sure that everything is growing along great, and to be sure that I'll be safe to fly, because WE'RE GOING HOME FOR THANKSGIVING!! I'm so elated, I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since I started college, and I've been pining over the spread my family produces for Thanksgiving feasting and longing for something just a bit more familiar. I'm also so excited to show off my tummy and baby pictures to friends I've known and loved for years, and to enjoy the last crisp, beautiful tidbits of fall in Northeastern Ohio.

I'll be packing tons of snacks, compression socks, and a 5 pound baby for the flight. That's right. 5 pounds of 30-week old baby!! My baby chart says typically 30-week babies are just over 3 pounds. This little bundle is a tank!! The ultrasound tech was taking his measurements and she paused to ask each of us how big we were as infants, and then once she had everything measured and calculated she asked, "Ok, are you ready to hear this? 3 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule, 4 lbs, 15 oz!" We were shocked! Then we started giggling. And of course, the due date is still January 22nd-our doctor just smiled and shook her head and said the due date is accurate as can be, we must have big baby genes.

10 weeks to go and 5 pounds already, this is pretty exciting! My heart is at ease to hear that he is doing well and that my body is able to support him and help him to grow. Keep growing strong little miracle child!

1 comment:

  1. Rach! Look at you! You look like a beautiful Southern Belle that has her own cooking show and makes pregnancy look so good! Love this! Glad Baby Klis is doing well :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete