10.10.2011

Weekend Mirths

Jeffrey took me out on the town Friday night for one of our dates that we always used to do when we were first married-dinner and a stroll around the mall. We visited all our old haunts, feeling giddy the whole time like we were sharing a special secret with every step and every minute together.

Sadly, Saturday was not nearly as pleasant. Three hours worth of cleaning checks, grimy hands from wiping my fingers over blinds and table tops, and dry mouth from explaining the recent internet issues to E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E, left me slightly grumpy and nearly exhausted for the rest of the day. Thankfully, we have nice tenants and one of the groups of girls brought Jeffrey and I delicious homemade apple pie-have I mentioned lately that I like appley things? Oh yes, I do very much.

Sunday brought us needed relaxation and family fun. My cousins Jeff and Dan came over for a hearty man-dinner of country fried steak and an evening full of games. Making country fried steak for a crowd made me realize: I need a deep fryer :) or maybe a healthier recipe for country fried steak....but I could do more with a deep fryer than I could with one measly recipe, so it's going on my "just because" wish list.


Finally, high on a mountain three years ago today, Mr. JM Klis asked me to marry him. The man gave me a big beautiful ring and s'mores all on the same night-but best of all was (and is) being able to call him mine.

1 comment:

  1. Hey...dad has been loving everything "apple-y" these days. He sits at the couch working on the computer with fresh off the tree apple from the Sages with a clump of caramels ready to be unwrapped with every crisp bite!

    ReplyDelete