4.12.2015

Hey Spring, Let's Talk About You











We've been stretching to discover all the fun things we can find to pepper throughout our week, and one of the best discoveries has been the ring of nature centers in the local park system. I've been amazed at the buildings and exhibits and how interactive and engaging they are, not to mention, they are are all free. Cheers to rural living!

In tandem with pending spring weather and also my decision to homeschool preschool Sawyer this fall, I've been operating under some practice themed learning activities, and these nature centers were our first stop for adventures in birding.  I've been teaching Sawyer (and Lou!) about seasons and the changes that come with each, and since spring time brings the return of lots of animals-birds being the hometown crowd's favorite- we've been doing "research." Also, observing, experimenting, and mostly just lots of playing.

This week I'm going to share/record some of our favorite activities, just in case my brain fails in the future and I need to review my ideas to remember them, and maybe just in case you'd like to try some spring time fun too.



No comments:

Post a Comment