2.26.2014

Sawyer's 2nd Birthday



It's one of those days that just breaks your heart.  I love to see my little boy grow and become more independent and full of words and ideas and energy. I love to get to know him better each day, and then to watch him change as he continues to learn about himself and the world. So it wasn't heartbreaking that he turned two years and left babyhood behind him, it was that he turned two and there wasn't a party with little friends running around, there wasn't a special dinner, there wasn't a birthday week that was all about his favorite things. Instead, there was a whole lot of moving and digging clothes and toys out of suitcases. He didn't mind. But I knew. And I felt terrible because I wanted to give him so much more. I wanted to celebrate the amazing little man that he's turning into and to bring some extra joy to his life because he brings me so much happiness everyday. I love my Sawyer boy. I hate to see anything about him go under-celebrated.

He blew out his candles and cheerfully chewed his candies and fish cake, and I had time to make a birthday wish myself. I wished myself to be more devoted to making his each and everyday extra special. I'll be giving him more patience, more communication, more quality playtime, more favorite foods, more opportunities for friends, more love.  Then hopefully, wishfully, despite the rocky start, he'll have the best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment