2.19.2014

Introducing Elouise




Hello! I'm Elouise, and I'm two months old today.  To celebrate splendid me, my mama is going to do an Elouise feature all week long, or at least until you're all caught up on little old me and all that has occurred during my 2 months with this crazy family.

Here's what I'm like at two months (according to my adoring mama):
BIG. She looks like a 4 month old and is already wearing 6 month sized clothes and size 2 diapers.  I was so sad when I couldn't squeeze her into all the precious baby things I had stocked up for her, anticipating that she would be a smaller baby than my first. I had to mournfully pack away so many cute outfits that never realized their wearable potential!
SLEEPY. This babe is a fabulous sleeper. The first night we brought her home from the hospital she slept 6 hours straight. Then for another 4. I keep waiting for the day when she turns the infant insomnia corner, but it still hasn't come! (knocking on wooden desk now...)
AGREEABLE.  Louie is so courteous. Not only because she's kind enough to make sure her mama gets some good blocks of sleep at night, but she's also really patient with Sawyer trying to hold her and good at moving from station to station while we all play.  She's bears with patience all the little second child inconveniences we submit her to, well, at least she does until she's runs out of patience....then she communicates very well. Translation: she squawks.  Just a few chirps though, to let me know what she wants.
SMILEY. Girl-a-girl has been smiling since week 2 and has been trying to laugh for the past month (she laughs in her sleep, now she just has to figure out how to do it when she's awake). She is so happy! Her smile is enormous and fills my heart to bursting. Like, literally, I'm so happy I want to weep every time...and it's not the hormones I swear!

Elouise is fantastic. And precious. And just what our family needed. Once again, our babe filled in the cracks we didn't even know our lives had and made our family all the more complete. Even when the days are long and the nights are a little shorter than I can handle, I hold our darling girl and feel so amazingly happy. She's helped to make the last two months of change and transition not only bearable, but joyous. And though babies usually complicate life and come with a built-in emotional/physical roller coaster adjustment time, she's made life easier and better for me, just by being here.  That's pretty significant. Then again, so is she.

Happy 2 months my darling baby.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I'm melting at the sight of this sweet babe! Nicely done, Rachel and Jeff! I would expect nothing less with the laughing, since I don't know a single person who made me laugh as much as you Rach! Glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete