12.03.2013

Christmas Must Be Coming








A fresh snowfall and busy, grinding snowplows greeted us this morning. Just yesterday we were at the park wearing jackets and playing in leaves, and now we're covered in 8 inches of pure white snow.  We couldn't leave it untouched for long, though, so Sawyer, Bear and I bundled in whatever winter clothes we could find that would fit (it seems everyone has had a growth spurt lately, well, except Bear...he could still fit in Sawyer's old socks) and headed out to brave the winter precipitation.

One of my favorite things about snow is how it dampens all sounds as it falls, creating a blanketed world and making it all feel calm and peaceful. It's cozy in a cold, but snug, kind of way. Another favorite aspect- it means Christmas is on its way. With that in mind, I took it upon myself to break the quiet and hum and mumble along to "It Snowed" by Meaghan Smith as it played in my head over and over.




No comments:

Post a Comment